Re: Potentially serious problem with kernel-headers...

On 13 Jul 1998, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> >> "DS" == Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:
>
> DS> libc6-dev no longer depends on any kernel headers package. It incorporates
> DS> the kernel headers directly and installs them in
> DS> /usr/include/{asm,linux,scsi} directly, with no symlinks. Installing any
> DS> header package no longer has any effect on these files.
>
> What is libc-kheaders for? It says: "This package provides kernel
> header files needed by libc6-dev.", but libc6-dev doesn't depend on
> it.

Sorry for my longwinded comments about kernel-headers, I misread you
comments above.

James is correct. This was an interrumn solution to the kernel headers
dependency, and has become unnecessary because libc6-dev now includes
those headers explicitly.

Sorry for being dense,

Dwarf