Re: Hamm Bug Stamp-Out List for July 10

Previously Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 06:47:49PM -0500, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > Package: cvs
> > Maintainer: Tom Lees <tom@lpsg.demon.co.uk>
> >   24378  cvs not Y2K-compliant
>
> I fail to see how this is release-critical.

Read the bugreport. Y2K compliance is one of the stated goals for
hamm, and we have already made a public statement about Debian
having no Y2K-issues at all.

> > Package: dpkg-dev
> > Maintainer: Klee Dienes and Ian Jackson <dpkg-maint@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> >   20776  dpkg-dev: dpkg-dev does not use emacsen-commen method of in
>
> This has been corrected in one of James Troup's NMU's, has it not?

If that is true, James should downgrade the bugreport. At the moment
I'm not able to verify this.

> > Package: ilu-javadev
> > Maintainer: Klee Dienes <klee@debian.org>
> >   24351  ilu-javadev: depends on stuff outside of main
>
> Why not move it to contrib, then?

Which means to bug should be reassigned to ftp.debian.org, but it's
still release-critical.

> > Package: pilot-link
> > Maintainer: Dermot Bradley <bradley@debian.org>
> >   24361  pilot-link appears to do no error checking !!
>
> How is this release critical?

It's no just not checking errors, it's blatantly ignoring important
errors.. like cp not checking if a file exists, or mv not checking
if the destiniation has been written correctly. Ben Gertzfield
was busy fixing this last night, so this will probably be fixed.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl