problems untarring xfree86 sources (was Re: Hamm Bug Stamp-Out List now on www)

Branden Robinson <branden@purdue.edu> wrote:
> That, I don't understand.  Incompatibility between GNU tar and Sun tar??

Maybe, it's going to take me a while to figure out.  dpkg -s tar
doesn't indicate any source package, ftp.debian.org doesn't have
a tar source package, the copyright file doesn't indicate where the
original sources came from (so I'm still trying to figure out
how to build tar on solaris).

Which is why I'm sending a copy of this message to the bug tracking
system.

--
Raul