Debian 2.0 beta release -- well done!

Hello folks,

I'm writing to thank you for a fantastic job on the 2.0 release! I was a
developer from about 5-months before the 1.1 release through sometime
after the 1.3 "bo" release, and I can say with some confidence that 2.0 is
the smoothest install from ground zero that I've seen. As a member of the
user community, I want to say that I really appreciate the work that must
have gone into the Debian project this past year to produce this release.

Of course, I'm no newbie, but I ran the installation on a new Pentium II
machine, and it went without a hitch. I was particularly impressed with
the smooth ppp configuration process which allowed me to do the
installation over a modem. I skipped the preselected package options and
proceeded to use dselect in the "normal" way, but it is clear to me that
the installation is getting darn right close to being easy for a brand new
linux user.

Among the packages that I use, I've been unable to find a bug to report,
so I've really got nothing to say but THANKS and WELL DONE!

Thanks. Syrus.