Re: Intention to package: FreeAMP

On Mon, Jul 06, 1998 at 04:53:23PM -0700, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
> Everything's GPLed. It's in a very preliminary state, so it's
> just text/console for now.
I was under the impression that due to legal complications it was
impossible to write a totally free MPEG player?  I'm sort of in
a similar situation with eMusic, my package.  It has a 'free' player
(splay) but I seem to remember reading something about due to patents
or copyrights there can't be a totally free one.  Someone please let me
know if I am wrong...;)  Note that otherwise eMusic is free, and also
plays MOD/AU/WAV/etc, plus it has a plugin interface for other modules.
If people want they can check out some preliminary packages(not fully
done, still have to work out some policy-related issues) at
http://web.terminus.cicat.com/software/

Brian
--
Brian Almeida <bma@debian.org> http://web.terminus.cicat.com