Re: Strange message mounting a floppy.

Shaleh wrote:

> Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > Unable to load NLS charset cp437(nls_cp437)
>
> Hey Dale, this is a feature of the new 2.0.3x series and of the 2.1.x as
> well.  You need to add this in when you adding in the FAT support.  I
> think you need to also check the "use experimental" option.  The various
> FAT's use the code page to show text.  This allows for support of other
> language versions of DOS and Windows.  I think one of the iso9660
> variants does too.

Hi all,

As a former dos programer code page 437 is for the US IBM Character
set, where as the other code pages in the kernel compile are for the
other countries around the world.  The most important code pages for
the English speaking and other West European languages are 437 and 850
which is the one for Europe.

When I first saw this in the kernel I was surprised that Linux now
supported codepages.  This allowed the DOS world to be multi lingual
and also support various keyboards.

Hope this helps :-)
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037