Re: Uploaded debian-keyring 1998.07.04 (source all) to master

On Jul 05, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> On 5 Jul 1998, James Troup wrote:
>
> > |           The <upstream-version> may contain only alphanumerics and the
> > |           characters `+' `.' `-' `:' (full stop, plus, hyphen, colon) and
> > |           should start with a digit. If there is no <debian-revision> then
> >                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > |           hyphens are not allowed; if there is no <epoch> then colons are
> >             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > |           not allowed.
> >                                            [ Chapter 5, Packaging Manual ]
> >
> > That would violate policy.
>
> Hmm... it doesnt say though that if there is a debian-revision then
> additional hyphens are not allowed...

Moot point; debian-keyring has no Debian revision (it's Debian-native).

In any event, IMHO - should only be used to separate an upstream version
from a Debian revision (I think sp violates this convention, but we probably
don't want to add more violators).

Chris
|       Chris Lawrence       |                 My home page:                |
|   <quango@ix.netcom.com>   |      http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/      |
|     Contract Programmer    |    Visit the Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5:    |
|     FedEx Ops Research     |    <*> http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/ <*>    |