Re: Intent to create a much nice WWW package viewer

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> Unless I get an account on one of those machines I plan on doing the

I'd suggest you implement the beast and sign up as official developer
afterwards.
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/developers-reference/ch1.html

> work at http://sunsite.unc.edu/kevina/debian/ using MySQL as I already
> have an account on sunsite and they have a mirror of the debian
> distribution (although hamm contains a symbolic link to itself)

Please note that if this method should be supported officially on the
Debian web site we can't accept using a non-free SQL server.

As I read perl and SQL please make sure that you use DBD::MySQL and
make sure it also works with DBD::Pg and PostgreSQL.  The latter could
be installed on our machines and officially supported.

Please understand that using a non-free implementation of something
where a free version is available is against our social contract.
http://www.debian.org/social_contract

Regards,

	Joey

--
VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94