Re: .so and .a libs, tcl, postgres = in over my head

On Wed, Jul 01, 1998 at 02:33:57PM -0400, Dan Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 01, 1998 at 11:12:19AM -0700, David Welton wrote:
> > Actually, the end result of this is a mod_dtcl (mod_tcl already
> > exists, but is weird, has no license, and no official page anymore,
> > and an author who seems to have dissappeared).

Ok, so this seems to work with the new apache, but there are still
some wierdnesses:

(Load.c)
#include <dlfcn.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main () {
  void *handle;
  handle = dlopen("/usr/lib/libpgtcl.so", RTLD_NOW | RTLD_GLOBAL);
  if (handle == NULL)
    printf("Couldn't load file: libpgtcl.so : %s\n", dlerror());
}

@chimchim [~/tcl] $ gcc -o Load Load.c -ltcl8.0
@chimchim [~/tcl] $ ./Load
@chimchim [~/tcl] $

@chimchim [~/tcl] $ gcc -o Load Load.c -static -ltcl8.0 -ldl
@chimchim [~/tcl] $ ./Load
Couldn't load file: libpgtcl.so : /usr/lib/libpgtcl.so: undefined
symbol: Tcl_GetChannel

My first problem is that unless there are actually some symbols in the
C code, it won't link the tcl lib.  But.. even including some Tcl
stuff to make it load doesn't seem to fix the overall problem (btw,
how do you force linking a lib?).

Thanks,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org