Re: Problems with javalex

Charles Briscoe-Smith wrote:

> Main.class should be installed as /usr/lib/javalex/JavaLex/Main.class
> because, for each CLASSPATH component, the JVM looks in
>   CLASSPATHCOMPONENT/PACKAGENAME/CLASSNAME.class

Thats's it.  Wow, it works.  I just don't know what it does, but...

> >I think removing it would be best.
>
> To project/orphaned?  Probably best.  It also includes a non-free

That would be move into orphaned.  This doesn't make any sense when the
package it not even working.  Ok, this is fixed, I'll retract such
requests.

> bug-fixed version of Sun's BitSet class (search for "NON-COMMERCIAL"
> in Main.java), so it shouldn't be in the main distribution anyhow.
> I'll file a bug to that effect, if there isn't one already.
>
> BTW, I'm working on a Java->C compiler.  If I ever get it done, it might
> produce a better/more reliable result when compiling tools like this...
> which then also wouldn't reply on a JVM.  I might wind up using JLex and
> CUP in my compiler anyway; in that case, I could take over maintanence
> of the javalex package.

Is there any reason for not taking over the package *now*?  I don't speak
Java, I don't wan to maintain it.  I only want to have it *working* as a
completely non-working package is a thorn in the eye.

Anyway, now that it works I'll be the interim maintainer for this package.
I *do* want somebody else maintain it.  I'll assign myself as maintainer
in order to get it maintained again and to really fix the bugs on this
package.  Please consider taking over this one.  The only thing that's
still missing is the manpage, as far as I can see.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Unable to locate coffee, operator halted.  -- Stefan Farsch