Re: non-free and "cd-ok", again

> especially since making life of CD
> vendors easier would simply be a matter of setting up two directories
> on the FTP site which distinguish between "distributable on CD" and
> "non-distributable on CD"?

Not true, I'm afraid.

Where would you put a package that says ``not to be distributed with
commercial software'' ?  How do we know what a CD vendor is going to include
with Debian CD's.  Should we leave it out, in which case the vendors who are
not including such software would be deprived of it needlessly ?

There area whole load of restriction that _might_ mean that a package could not
be included in specific cases, while not ruling out CD distribution across the
board.

Cheers, Phil.