system broken after upgrade to last hamm

Hi,

while I did an upgrade of several packages that had been replaced
on the ftp mirror (ftp.uni-mainz.de) last night, two of my
systems completely crashed. Every program segfaults and I
even could not boot from my boot disk any more. Since I did the
upgrade in the background I do not know which package caused
the flaw.

When I inspected the root file system after booting with the rescue
disc I did not find any obvious error. So I tried to reinstall all
from the scratch (by ftp) with a --get-selection/--set-selection
from my backup system. After some time dselect crashed and everything
was the same as before.

Since this error happens on two different systems I believe that
it is no hardware error and the buggy package is still on the
ftp mirror :-(

Any additional hints?

Cheers, Thomas