Re: Upgrade report from "bo" to "hamm" :-(

> 	I have one more quip with the system. ldconfig is run EVERY time a
> new package with libraries goes in. When you are installing 300+ packages,
> 1/2 of themcontaining libraries, this adds up. ldconfig is not instant.

Unless you are suggesting that apt know when the libraries are going to be
needed by some subsequent package, and would run ldconfig each time this was
about to happen, I think you've missed the fact that a library that has been
installed might be required by the next package's install scripts, and so has
to be configured immediately.

Cheers, Phil.