Re: Having a non-free and a non-cd branch?

>The more I am think about it the more it seams that having a separate
>non-cd branch (to include packages that cannot be distributed on cd rom)
>and a non-free branch (to include programs that are ok to distribute)
>seams like a really good idea.

you don't know the facts. i have been reading all non-free licences once, and
you simply cannot decide ony many programs whether thy can go on the cdrom or
not.

for example :
 - are you willing to give someone a free cdrom ?
 - are you willing to get an ok email from someone ?
 - are you willing to send someone an email and make sure he got it ?
 - are you willing to sell your cdrom for less than XX $ ?

no, every vendor has to decide himself what files to include or not.
but we can think about
a) encourageing vendors to ship parts of non-free
b) allow these binary be included on one of the official cdrom
	(if noething else was changed).

for b : i'm willing to create an image for every vondor who want's one,
if he can give me alist of programs to include. i also try to build such a
list as recommendation without warranty.

andreas