Re: autoup.sh for the Official CD

>     I assume the Offical CD will include autoup.sh.  I believe that a
>simplified version of the existing autoup.sh should be prepared for
>the CD, with a corresponding version of autoup.sh-README to accompany
>it.  The present version of autoup is interactive, and asks the user
>to select from several methods of getting the necessary files, and to
>enter the directory where they will be found.  Since a script on the
>CD would already know where the hamm files are located, all this is
>unnecessary, and potentially confusing.

great, can you do that ?
i believe :
a) autoup.sh must be on the cdrom
b) it must be as simple and secure as possible
c) it should go on ftp.debian.org, so people burning cdroms can get all data
	from one source. (.../hamm/hamm/update-i386/autoup would be ok.)

>     I suggest that autoup.sh and the README be included in an UPGRADE
>sub-directory in the top level directory of the CD, and that a recent
>libc5 version of dpkg (such as 1.4.0.8) (needed for upgrading from
>buzz) be placed in this directory.

i guess a toplevel document like /upgrade.{txt/html} is ok, and also
a toplevel dir /upgrade (both on the binary i386 cdrom - autoup isn't used on
other plattforms ?).

>     Let me know ASAP if you want me to complete the README and
>abbreviated script.

please do.
i want to work a bit on the makefile and improve it, but i have no time to
update all the documentation.

andreas