Re: Leadership delegation - volunteers, please

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Ian Jackson - Debian Project Leader wrote:

> I would like some volunteers to take over some of my leadership tasks,
> which I'm finding I'm not getting round to as well as I ought to.
>
> Specifically, the successful volunteers will be made a recipient of
> leader@debian.org and I'll authorise them to deal with simple
> enquiries (eg, requests for information from external people, etc.,
> approvals of postings to debian-announce, etc.).  I'll also want to be
> able to delegate more important decisions and tasks explicitly to one
> or more of the volunteers.

I would much wrather help Guy with the ftp archive maintenance.  I live
local to novare(20 minutes with no traffic).  I am the only developer to
have seen master and murphy, and it would be beneficial to have a local
debian developer close to those systems.  I have asked Guy on several
occasions, but he has never said yay or nay.  Once, I said a few other
things in an email, and he responded back with the other things, but not
the request for help.

Adam
(just trying to help)