Re: Debian Free Software (FSF) or Open Source? (was Re; non-cd...)

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998 15:35:17 -0400, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

>By the first statement the debian Qt package is a violation of the
>licence becuase it modifes the archive.  Putting it on a cd does not
>violte the licence any farther.

    Incorrect.  The unmodified archive is still there.  As I was educated on
debian-user just use ar to extract the original, unmodified tar from the
debianize archive.

    I'm sure either Hamish or Manoj would be happy to elaborate on that since
they hammered it into my brain on another thread.  ;)

    See, you two, I did learn something.  :P

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my