Re: 2.0-beta CD Image mirror sites ?

> Could those of you who have grabbed, or are intending to grab the cd images
> from www.uk.debian.org, and then offer them for anon access, please mail me,
> so I can add your sites to the list of mirrors.
>
> For more info about how to grab them from www.uk see this:
>
>   http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/

One suggestion. Could you put everything in a subdirectory labeled using
the release number (although the version name may be better, e.g. hamm) as
was done in Debian 1.3 (see ftp://ftp.debian.org/OfficialCD/). There could
even be a link that points to the current stable version so that fewer
links would need to be changed with every release. If you do decide to
move things around, please tell me so it can be changed on the web page.

This will make it easier to keep multiple versions around and ease the
changeover when a new verision comes out.

For example, on the web pages, all the links would point to something
like http://www.uk.debian.org/debian-cd/stable/ except during beta testing
where I'd put up a special notice telling people looking for the beta version
where to go.

Is www.uk.debian.org going to be the main machine for the images? If so,
we should get a virtual IP for it. How does CDimage.debian.org sound?

Jay Treacy