Re: Debian Free Software (FSF) or Open Source? (was Re; non-cd...)

On 28 Jun 1998 03:55:09 -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >> Nope; but before you start telling me what Debian should be
> >> doing and how it is doing things all wrong; you have to show some
> >> credentials.

> Steve> Show me where I have stated Debian is doing anything wrong.
> Steve> I'll even forward you all my messages from this thread so you
> Steve> can find it.

>	And did I search for your name in the available file? Huh? The
> person whose contribution I was looking for had done exactly that.

    The why the "Before you" implying me?

>	I think you are just arguing for the sake of argument.

    Funny, that is my opinion of you.  I'm arguing for clarification.  So far
you have confused the issue.

>	We are committed to having Debian be 100 % free software. Any
> non free software, or even free software that depends on non free
> software, can never be part of debian. Anything we create in debian
> is going to have a free licence.

    Which I have not disputed, and, in fact, SUPPORTED in a direct reply to
you.  So why do you keep bringing this up?

>	I have also seen little support for your platform, at east a
> dozen people have communicated support for mine in personal
> communication. Also, revious flame wars in these lists have lead me
> to believe that the majority leans my way.

    The majority is not all and that minority contributes as well.  You do
not speak for all, please stop presuming that you do.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my