Re: Debian Free Software (FSF) or Open Source? (was Re; non-cd...)

On 28 Jun 1998 01:18:57 -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Steve> So now having a package that you have in your database is a
> Steve> requirement for speaking with you?

>	Nope; but before you start telling me what Debian should be
> doing and how it is doing things all wrong; you have to show some
> credentials.

    Show me where I have stated Debian is doing anything wrong.  I'll even
forward you all my messages from this thread so you can find it.

>	Debian is not just about a bunch of people whose keys were
> signed. It is a group of people with common goals. Are you sure you
> are with the spirit of the DSG?

    Are you sure you are?  To me the spirit is for people to have the right
to chose what they want to use without reproach and providing them with a
viable alternative to commercial software.  What is your interpitation?

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my