Re: Having a non-free and a non-cd branch?

Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,
> >>"Kevin" == Kevin Atkinson <kevina@clark.net> writes:
>
>  >> Because Debian has drawn a line.  I may not agree completely with how
>  >> some people interpet that line, but I think it should be stood by.
>
>  Kevin> I call stubborn.  Infact very very stubborn.  It like saying
>  Kevin> we herby declare that a School will always be a male only
>  Kevin> school, always, and every.  That will never change.
>
>         Nope, it is like saying we shall never take slave. Never. We
>  respect human liberty. We really really are against slaves. That will
>  never change.

Point well taken.

>  Kevin> Never mind that all the other male only scolls are being to
>  Kevin> except the famial sex to keep up with changing times.  We
>  Kevin> won't even do it if the population only 10% male.  Never
>  Kevin> change.  We have drawn the line.
>
>         Never mind that other nations consider some peole not to be
>  fully human. Some nations consider other races to be
>  subhuman. Nope. Never shall we perpetrate genocide; or slavery. Never
>  change.  We have drawn the line.

Again point well taken.

>  Kevin> Therefor you are saying that debian will only use free
>  Kevin> software.  Always, always, always.  It will never use software
>  Kevin> that is not quite free. Even if all the other linux
>  Kevin> distributions are including it becuase it is free enough for
>  Kevin> them.  Debian will not, it is against our prinsables so it
>  Kevin> will never happen.  We must stand by our prinsables, must,
>  Kevin> must...
>
>         No gas chambers. No indentured servants. One person, one
>  vote. We don't care that other nations torture
>  dissidents. Free press. Free software. No gulags. Debian will
>  not, it is against our prinsables so it l never happen.  We
>  must stand by our prinsables, must,  must...
>
>  Kevin> Like I said stubborn.
>
>         Yup. And principled.
>
>  Kevin> Please, please, don't take this as flame bate but I was just
>  Kevin> trying to put what you said into prespetive.
>
>         As am I. But please feel free to flame, if you wish.
>
>  Kevin> If people want a coed school there are lots of other schools
>  Kevin> to chose from.  But we will stay male only out of principle.
>
>         Other peole have slave. They make more money. But we pay our
>  workers. But we will stay free only out of principle.

Again point well taken.

>  Kevin> The consider anyone who draws a line and refuses to budge
>  Kevin> inflexible (as well as stubborn). It is something I expect to
>  Kevin> see in old timers.
>
>         I see. So, you are for slavery, ethnic cleansing, etc, since
>  you have no firm "lines"? Principles, morals, ethics, have no value,
>  no meaning?

Ok point well taken again.

I just don't agree with your morels.

Like some people don't agree with cloning or genetic engineering.  It is
a matter of one persons moral principles against another.

And with those moral principles a lot of it has to do with how you are
brought up.  Arguing with conflicting principles generally gets people
no where.

Thank you for letting me know how you see it.