Re: Having a non-free and a non-cd branch?

Hi,
>>"Alex" ==   <aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu> writes:

 >> The question, however, is that of the intents of the people
 >> who work on and create Debian. You see, the DFSG is an encapsulation

 Alex> Manoj, even if DFSG is the reason for you to work on and create
 Alex> Debian (which I doublt since you joined Debian long before DFSG
 Alex> was even heard of :),

	Did you read what I wrote? I said the dfsg is an encapsulation
 of the ideal I work for. An idea maybe encapsulated long after it has
 drawn a group of people together.

 Alex> this might not be the reason for everybody. Even more, I know
 Alex> that for sure.

	Whether you like it or not, the DFSG is a statement for the
 goals of the project; it is an affirmation, a vow, a compact, and a
 contract which the project has with the community.

	If any one finds this horrendously onerous, then perhaps
 Debian is not the right project for them.

	manoj
--
 ...the increased productivity fostered by a friendly environment and
 quality tools is essential to meet ever increasing demands for