Re: Having a non-free and a non-cd branch?

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998 aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu wrote:

> > 	The only way to satisfy the every package required is to *NOT*
> >  ship contrib <evil grin>.
>
> Oh, don't give me that... :)
>
> > 	The question, however, is that of the intents of the people
> >  who work on and create Debian. You see, the DFSG is an encapsulation
>
> Manoj, even if DFSG is the reason for you to work on and create Debian
> (which I doublt since you joined Debian long before DFSG was even heard of :),
> this might not be the reason for everybody. Even more, I know that for sure.

This distribution was founded on equal parts quality and freedom. The DFSG
is a statement of the Debian definition of what constitutes Free Software.
That it came after the evolution of the group is inevitable. The fact that
we have all (at least in spirit) agreed to these principles does not
require that they be your only reason for being here, but it is expected
that you will not work to thwart those ideals expressed in this document.

We are about Quality, we are about Freedom, and yes, we are about dpkg ;-)

Luck,

Dwarf