WNPP question

I was reading through the WNPP, seeing what is going on and all.  At the
bottom is a suggested projects section.  One of them lists AI stuff and
a web address.  Well I like odd software to play w/ so I went and
investigated.  There is software there.  Yes.  It has varying degrees of
mostly non-free licenses and it is mostly written for Suns and SGI's.
Not one item I downloaded even attempted to compile.  SO if someone
wants to play w/ these, there is a large portting effort there.  One of
the make scripts uses csh (yuck).