RE: [rms@santafe.edu: Hurd packager]

By a Debian-style package are you talking about something like the
kernel-package (binary) and kernel-source packages?

How does the GNU Hurd fit in -- it's an alternative kernel, right?  So
you would need to boot-strap the "GNU" part of Debian GNU/Linux -- all
binaries, wouldn't you?  It sounds like a whole new distribution --
basically a new "architecture" for each type of processor.

I think this is more than a packaging job for one person, but I could be
wrong.  Not that this wouldn't be a real cool idea.

Wait -- the hurd was a microkernel, right?  So could the regular linux
stuff sit on top of a linux server?  Can you explain more?

-Brent