Re: gcc help

"Chris Massam" <chris.massam@team.xtra.co.nz> writes:

> I'm new to the list,=20
>
> I just installed debian 2, which went through fine, now however when I =
> try and compile anything it says gcc is broke.
>
> when running configure scripts some of them report that gcc cannot =
> create executables.
>
> Anyone else had this kinda problem??
>
> Thanks for any info in advance.
>
> Bel

Post the error message from trying to compile something like:

#include <stdio.h>

int main( int argc, char *argv[] ){
  printf("Hello, world!\n");
}

My guess is that you need to install libc6-*-dev, where the * depends on
what version of libc6 you have available.  Without an error message it's
hard to debug.

Later,
	Dale

| Dale E. Martin | University of Cincinnati Savant Research Laboratory |
| dmartin@ececs.uc.edu    |     http://www.ececs.uc.edu/~dmartin       |