Re: libc6_2.0.7 release notes...

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.980624202457.30805A-100000@dwarf.polaris.net> you wrote:

: I see versions numbered 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 as release versions, because that
: is the way the upstream authors see them. The tarballs that appear before
: those releases are given numbers like 2.0.7pre1 specifically to indicate
: that they are NOT releases, but pre-release test versions.

Which is, of course, the problem... I think this 'pre' versioning scheme is
a crock... if it isn't 2.0.8 yet, then the version should be 2.0.7.something.
But, we can't control what upstream maintainers choose as version sequences...
so what we think isn't very important here.

Bdale