Re: slang, newt, whiptail

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Michael Dietrich wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i am about to write an easy to use editor, using slang ... (remember
> this ugly emacs/vi discussion)
>
> i started with slang and noticed that there is nearly no documentation
> and no good screen/kbd support at all.

Hm, slang is actually amazingly easy to program for, it has a nice -
simple IO model. Keyboard handling is quite simple too. If you need
anything on that I can certainly help.

There is a mostly complete slang doc that I found in the slang sources
that is good for getting started. After that just look in the headers for
the functions you want.

If you desperately want overlapping windows/menus etc then maybe you'd be
interested in the slightly finished APT widget library that does do this.
But there is even less documentation :>

Jason