rebooting while installing.

I have encountered a problem with my computer rebooting, while trying to
install Debian. I have tried to install it on a hdd all the files I need
are there on that drive, but little much of anything else.

When I configured the hdd the first time to run by itself, not as a
slave, I forgot to remove my slave drive from my cmos settings, this
returned an error while booting up, but I continued. I tried to install
Debian, and got to the (from what I understand) i/o controller detection
stage, the part after asking me for colour or b/w screen.

I selected colour, and told the computer to continue, but due to the
incorrect info in my cmos settings, a timeout error was given
repeatedly.

I fixed the cmos problem, and then tried to install Debian again,
exactly as I had done the first time.
Now, it starts to load, and then I get a glimpse of "unknown Pci Device"
not exactly sure it happens to fast to read properly, and then reboots
the computer.

I have no idea what is causing this, any assistance, would be most
appreciated.

David Coles.