Re: Adding dependency order to emacsen add-on install/remove process

James Troup <J.J.Troup@scm.brad.ac.uk> writes:

> No; it ignores the dependencies when *unpacking* the packages but if
> foo depends on bar, dpkg will run bar's postinst before foo's.  Try it
> and see.

OK, that makes sense.  Then I suppose that the only place that the
dependency ordering is needed is in the calls to the add-on pacakges
install scripts that happen en-masse when a flavor of emacs is
installed.  A little work with tsort (presuming I can get dpkg to
cooperate at that point and hand over the relevant Depends lines) and
we should have everything fixed up.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>