Re: JED anyone?

On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 08:47:53AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On 23 Jun 1998 17:20:09 +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote:
>
> >`jed' is an orphaned package.  I'm considering to take its maintanence,
> >since I've found JED is a small and quick start editor, good for quick
> >editing of configuration files, etc. (I've wiped out all vis from my
> >disk, and ae+ed do not satisfy me fully:-).  However I'm no way an
> >experienced JED user, so if anyone else wants to maintain it, I've
> >nothing against it.
>
>     I'm in the same boat.  My main editor is JOE and I use JED only on the
> rare occasion that I want context hightlighting when programming in Perl.
> I've given thought to maintaining it but not being a regular JED user I don't
> think I'd be the best qualified.

I've been thinking about taking over maintenance too as the upstream version
is a fair bit ahead.  OTOH I havn't been doing much maintaining recently and
I'd like to finish doing SOCKSv5 and a few new upstream releases of other
packages first.

One thing I've noticed is that the debian diff includes the compiled
packages, these should be generated my the build process and not be in the
diff.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian Linux  http://www.debian.org  The superior Linux distribution