Bug-System: Why no mail to maintainer on reassign?

Hello!

When a new bug is reported against a given package, the
package maintainer gets this bug report as a personal
mail. I consider this really useful as the maintainers
don't have to check the bug-lists to know if there are new
bug reports against their packages.

Later someone will reassign that bug to the correct
package, but the maintainer of that package won't get
any mail. He won't notice the existance of that bug until
he checks the Bug-System online.

I suggest if a bug report is reassigned to a given package
the maintainer of that package gets the bug report as well
as any replies to it.

I didn't file this as a bug against bugs.debian.org as I
am not very long on the debian-lists and I fear I touch
some old, well discussed point here. ;)

So, suggestions appreciated.

   Florian

---
  Florian Hinzmann               f.hinzmann@public.uni-hamburg.de
                                 fh@dipa.de
NEW PGP-Key fingerprint: DD 61 74 34 04 FB 8A BD  43 54 83 38 0C 82 EF B1