Constitution, and SPI section s.9
I've mailed the SPI Board proposing that they agree to the following:
1. SPI will hold money, trademarks and other tangible and
intangible property and manage other affairs for purposes
related to Debian.
2. Such property will be accounted for separately and held in trust
for those purposes, decided on by Debian and SPI according to
3. SPI will not dispose of or use property held in trust for
purposes related to Debian without approval from Debian, which
may be granted by the Project Leader or by General Resolution of
4. SPI will consider using or disposing of property held in trust
for purposes related to Debian when asked to do so by the
5. SPI will use or dispose of property held in trust for purposes
related to Debian when asked to do so by a General Resolution of
the Developers, provided that this is compatible with SPI's
6. SPI will notify the Developers by electronic mail to a Debian
Project mailing list when it uses or disposes of property held
in trust for purposes related to Debian.
NB that this has a couple of extra occurrences of `purposes related
to' which I seem to have missed out from the most recent posted
version of the constitution.
Unless anyone objects I plan to have the corrected version voted on
without going through the formal amendment process (which would
involve waiting two weeks, or having voters choose which version they
wanted to accept), as I consider this change not to be substantive.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com