Re: Release management - technical

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 04:21:57PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Q. What are we trying to achieve ?
>
> A. There are two possibilities that I can see
>     - Timely and good-quality releases, or
>     - Releases which meet some predefined set of goals.
>
> I think we can only do one of these.  With hamm we're doing the
> latter; in the future I think we should do the former.

I disagree.  "Timely and good-quality releases" is just another goal.
What we haven't done been able to do in the past is strike a balance
and have sacrificed timely releases in favor of other goals.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road