Re: Base Set: Suggested additions & removals.

J.J.Troup@scm.brad.ac.uk (James Troup) writes:

> Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.Uni-Mainz.de> writes:
>
> > This doesn't touch the fact that MC would be a very convenient
> > additional feature for a user friendly Debian base system.
>
> a) I don't think it would be,

Which is supposedly simply a matter of your personal preference since
you don't give any valid argument why it wouldn't.

> b) that's not what the proposal was; the
> proposal was to remove ae *and elvis-tiny* from the base system
> because they're ``superseded'' by mc.  The fact that vi *must* be in
> the base system clearly does touch on that.

In regards of the editor you are probably very right. Since vi is
there, there is no need for a "ae" replacement.  Anything is better
than ae anyway.  And vi is just great.

> > Who cares about it anyway if J.J.Troup likes it or not just because
> > he (supposedly) doesn't really know it? ;-)
>
> Oh, grow up Paul.  You have zero idea how well (or otherwise) I know
> mc, so please stop the FUD.  Adding a smiley does not justify
> childishness.

Hey, just cheer up and be so earnest!  Just have a good laugh about my
apparent childishness.  A little bit more humour makes everything go
smoother, doesn't it? :-)

In any case i'd propose to postpone this discussions until after the
final release of hamm.
                             Thank you, P. *8^)
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------