ircII is now free.
Ok, after a lot of emailing, ircII-current has the following license:
* Copyright (c) 1990 Michael Sandrof.
* Copyright (c) 1991, 1992 Troy Rollo.
* Copyright (c) 1992-1998 Matthew R. Green.
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* 3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote
* derived from this software without specific prior written
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHORS ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
* OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
* IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
* INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
* BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
* LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER
* AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
* OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY
* SUCH DAMAGE.
This is the BSD license minus the advertising clause.
This means that ircII, epic, epic4, tkirc and bitchx can stay in main.
David Welton http://www.efn.org/~davidw
Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org