Re: Non-interactive install proposal

Hi,

	What is the benefit of keeping packages in an unconfigured
 state? This shall certainly play havoc with large scale upgrades,
 when latter packages require earlier packages to be configured. To be
 absolutely certain, you may, in the worst case, have to set up and
 configure packages one at a time.

	Why is the prospect of asking the questions a priori or an
 interactive configuraion supposedly so vastly inferior?

	Has anyone actually tried upgrading severl hundred packages at
 a time? Has anyone considered the effect on dependent packages? I
 would like to see a bunch of status files, and an apt -s upgrtade
 run, and a study of what happens to the install when packages are
 left unconfigured.

	manoj
--
 "I am convinced that the manufacturers of carpet odor removing powder
 have included encapsulated time released cat urine in their products.