Re: Debian development modem (was The broken libjpeg-6b is in RH 5.1)

David Engel  <david@ods.com> wrote:
> Warning: the (brief) rantings of an extremely frustrated developer lie
> ahead.

> Debian had a mostly libc6 based system long before RedHat, yet RedHat
> is releasing their second libc6 system while Debian still has no clue
> when, or even if, it will release.

And RedHat 5.0 was fairly buggy and had to be patched before it was
usable in a number of cases.

We've had an unstable release for a while, and it's gone through a
number of revisions.  I've put together production machines based
on pre-release instances of Hamm.

Maybe you're suggesting that we should do official cdrom releases
of unstable versions?

--
Raul