Re: Hamm CD's

Andreas Jellinghaus <aj@dungeon.inka.de> writes:

> >The "Pre-release" CDs I intend to create are going to be Binary Only
> >(i386) and may not have any frills on them other than the components of
> >the archive, a freshly constructed Packages file and the most recent disk
> >set. If I can find the time, I may make them bootable, but don't hold your
> >breath ;-)
>
> here are my scripts to create debian cdrom. i would like to get feedback.
> i hope you can use them.

I tried them out today. After searching for some place for the tmp
directory I realized that it uses hard links (well done).

The image build cleanly and I burned it to a cdrom using cdrecord -v
-speed 4 -dev=3,0 binary.iso with my yamaha 400t ( I was even able to
irc and play mp3 during that --- last time I burned with 4x speed from
win95 it ate the cdr because I tried to switch to the filemanager :-).

Are these scripts supposed to build bootable cd´s?
Mine does not boot. ( I have to check, if I have to use special
parameters to cdrecord or cdwrite, though. )

/debian/dists/frozen and stable aren´t links on the cd (same with
mounting binary.iso as loop device).

I still have to do an install or upgrade with them.

Greetings,

Jens

---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37