Re: Update: GC package transferred to Rob Browning

"Mike Goldman" <whig@by.net> writes:

> Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> asked to take over Boehm's Garbage
> Collector (gc), as he is in need of it for another package.  As I am
> still new to packaging, and a library is a difficult first project,
> I agreed to this, and will plan to act as an 'understudy' for this
> package.  It is still my intent to package oo2c, and I am awaiting
> the forthcoming upstream release before doing so, per the upstream
> maintainer's recommendation.

FYI I've got it packaged, but only as a static lib.  That's enough for
me to get Stalin going, but I'll get the shared libs working (the
upstream code doesn't have support for it) a little later.  First I've
got to digest some info I got from the upstream authors, and then I'll
have to work on the Makefile.

I'll get back to it after I get Stalin packaged.  If anyone needs the
staic only package right now, let me know.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>