Re: Pkg reporting program. For the netscape clause.

On Sat, 23 May 1998, Adam Heath wrote:

> I have some ideas on this program, which should be in perl.  However, I
> know very little.  If you would like to help, email me and/or be on
> irc.debian.org(#debian) at Sun May 24 23:00:00 UTC 1998.

I hate replying to my own email, but:

For each pkg installed, the program would output into a flat-text file the
following information:

Package: <pkgname>
Version: <version>
Depends: <depends-line>
Config-Files-Modified: <list>
	default, if not specified.
Directory-Size-List: /usr/bin/ ###
	/usr/lib/<pkg>/ ###
	/etc/ ###
	/var/spool/<pkg>/ ###
(For this field, a /var/ line would *not* include /var/spool/<pkg>/.)
Extra-Info:  XXXXXX (only if a /usr/lib/pkg-rpt/<pkg> script exists.  Can
	be multi-line.)

Adam.