RFC: Samba Name Server files

Hi,

I'm looking for some comments regarding the best place to put the
Windows Name Server database.

Right now, the database (wins.dat) is being put in /var/lock/samba/
but the problem with this location is that all file under /var/lock/
are deleted during boot time.

So, the name server database wins.dat is being erased as well, and
this is like having the BIND databases being erased at boot time
(pretty bad, huh?).

I think it is very important to fix this ASAP so the WINS database can
be re-used by Samba after a reboot.

I was thinking about putting the WINS database under the /var/
hierarchy, buit where specifically? Since this case is very similar to
named or dhcp's case, I am thinking about placing the database in
/var/samba/ but I thought I better ask here first just to be sure.

So, can I place the WINS database file under /var/samba/?

I'll try to get this change included in Hamm.

Thanks,

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris