Re: Intent to package oo2c and gc

On Sun, May 17, 1998 at 05:31:48PM -0400, Mike Goldman wrote:
> oo2c is an optimizing Oberon-2 to C compiler (GPL), which supplants o2c.
> I've spoken with the maintainer of this project, and he is supportive of my
> including it in Debian.  If nobody else is intending to package this, I
> would like to do so.
>
> oo2c depends on Boehm's gc, a conservative garbage collector for C/C++.
> Only version 4.13alpha1 appears to be compatible with Libc6/Glibc2.  If this
> is not being packaged for Debian at the present time, I would also like to
> package this as a separate dependency of oo2c.
>
> These would be my first two packages.

Yes, Yes, YES!!!!  Please do!!  :-)  I have tried a few times before but I
just couldn't quite compile gc successfully and get oo2c to work.  Please
package Oberon!  It is an awesome awesome awesome language by Prof. Niklaus
Wirth who also invented Pascal and Modula-2.  ;-)

Thanks again!  :-)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling        Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca     University of Alberta, Canada