Re: intent to package ipchains

On May 17, Dave wrote:
> On Sat, 16 May 1998, Peter Tobias wrote:
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> > ipfwadm is already in netbase so I planned to add ipchains to netbase too.
> > In order to make the IP spoofing protection stuff from the netbase scripts
> > work ipfwadm is needed for 2.0.x kernels and ipchains is needed for 2.1.x
> > kernels.
> >
> Ok, no problems, I hadn't actually got anywhere with packaging it up as
> yet, so there's no time lost on my end.  I might look for something that
> has been orphaned or wont be needed by a lot of people in a hurry :)

Ok, I'll upload a new netbase package in a few minutes. It'll also fix
a problem with ifconfig (some features were not enabled).

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> <tobias@debian.org> <tobias@linux.de>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02  04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C