Re: intent to package ipchains

On May 16, Dave wrote:

> I am a maintainer that actually started out helping with the m68k port.
> This will be the first package maintained by me.
>
> Ipchains is the replacement for ipfwadm, which is needed for kernels
> 2.1.102 and above.
>
> If anyone has any objects to me maintaining this, please let me know.

ipfwadm is already in netbase so I planned to add ipchains to netbase too.
In order to make the IP spoofing protection stuff from the netbase scripts
work ipfwadm is needed for 2.0.x kernels and ipchains is needed for 2.1.x
kernels.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> <tobias@debian.org> <tobias@linux.de>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02  04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C