Re: now what? Re: svgalib version 1.2.13-3.1 is miscompiled

On Fri, May 15, 1998 at 01:55:33PM -0400, Shaleh wrote:

> > > Have you got /usr/lib/libc5-compat in /etc/ld.so.conf? Remember to run
> > > ldconfig if you change it.
> >
> > Yes I do.
> > /usr/X11R6/lib
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/neXtaw
> > /usr/local/lib
> > /usr/lib/libc5-compat
> > /lib/libc5-compat
> >

> I hate to reply to my own mail......  I linked the libvga in /usr/lib to the one
> in libc5-compat.  Now squake ldd's properly.  Not a permanent solution -- but an
> indication of the problem.

I've just uploaded 1.2.13-3.2 which has the call to ldconfig in the postinst
script as policy dictates.  I hope that this is just a local problem since I
would have expected more than one person to have a problem.

I'd appreciate it if you would undo the link you have made and then try
installing the new packages.  Then if you could email me and Andy the
following information:

dpkg -l
ls -l /usr/lib/*vga* /usr/lib/libc5-compat/*vga*
ldd  /usr/lib/*vga* /usr/lib/libc5-compat/*vga*

Cheers

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com,  http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian Linux  http://www.debian.org  The superior Linux distribution