Re: How to fix a broken postrm in upcoming releases

Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> Now how far goes my responsibility for providing a safe upgrade path from
> a broken package ? Do I have to care for that postrm problem in all
> future versions, so that even in two years it will be safe to upgrade from
> the broken bo version to the current version ? Or could I remove that
> hack for the package in 2.1, when the upgrade 2.0->2.1 is working ?

Clean upgrades from any version is a noble goal, and one debian should try
to accomplish, if at all possible.

Why not leave the hack in forever. I see no reason against it. Many of my
packages have "do not ever touch or remove this section" areas in their
maintainer scripts, to deal with issues that arose years ago.

--
see shy jo