Re: svgalib version 1.2.13-3.1 is miscompiled

--On Thu, May 14, 1998 5:57 pm -0400 Shaleh <shaleh@livenet.net> wrote:

> I assumed that vga was libc5 and vgag was libc6 (in the early hamm
> convention).  My problem is that two svgalib using games show as being
> linked with both libc5 and libc6 -- squake and snex9x.  it seems odd
> that others use them.  Both segfault at startup.  What do you need to
> help me with this.  Both are bin only so I can not recompile.

Umm...

squake runs absolutely fine on my debian-hamm box.  And anyway, a segfault
doesn't really sound like a library problem.  Do you have a sound card?  If
not, squake will segfault when you run it, unless you run 'squake -nosound'.

Or maybe your graphics card simply isn't supported by svgalib...

Try strace'ing squake and see what the last few syscalls before the segfault
are.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@jellybean.co.uk         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |