Re: new debian-cd scripts

On Thu, May 14, 1998 at 02:57:57PM +0000, Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:
> Please note that for some of us, bootable CD's don't.  My system supports
> them, but the Debian 1.3.1 CD will certainly hang my machine if I try to use
> it.

I have the same problem on four machines.  It doesn't seem to work with
recent AMI BIOSes, and it doesn't work with the Advansys SCSI controllers.
It also doesn't work on older Adaptec controllers, though at least one
3940UW does work.

All these machines can boot DOS CD-ROMs.  My guess is that Syslinux had
or still has problems.

Maybe we should try freedos and loadlin if Syslinux still has these
problems...

Jeff