Re: Seeking other archs to build packages on

> Another point in favour of crosscompiling is, that some errors will
> occur that don´t occur on i386. *Thinking about those smart i486
> optimisations flags that fail on non-i386*

You're right, but in another way than you think :-) Yes, some errors
will only show up on cross compiling. But those -m486 & Co. flags will
also fail if you compile natively on e.g. m68k... :-) The main point
is that cross-compiling code with floating point calculations is
dangerous to impossible. You should be sure that the source doesn't
include float or double vars....

So this argument again speaks *against* cross-compiling.

But, BTW, I'm not against cross-compiling in general, only in this
case (mass recompilation). I cross-compile most of my packages for
m68k, too, but I can test the results on a m68k machine, and I know my
packages so far that I can tell cross-compiling doesn't cause any
special harm.

Roman